9 Year Old Sister Painted My Reborn Libby $120 Shipped (Sold in 5 minutes)

I ordered 2 Libby kits to make twins originally, but I accidentally spilled red paint on the one I was painting. I couldn’t get it to look normal, so I ended up making it into a zombie for my cousin to have. After that, I lost motivation to paint the second Libby. My 9 year old sister has been asking if she could make a reborn doll for months now, so I decided to let her. This is the second reborn she’s ever made. I think she turned out really well, and she’s for sale at:
https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m12396597277/

20 Likes

She can paint better than I can!! I need to step up my game. Lol tell her She’s a very good artist and I love her Libby she created! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Holy cow, I just posted her. She sold in less than 5 minutes. My sister will be happy :slight_smile:

6 Likes

She said thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is I am sure the fastest sale of a doll!! Congratulations to her! :heart::slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s definitely the fastest one of mine has sold! I’m sure she’ll want to make more after that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks great!

Thanks!

I have to ask… did she have any help at all? Any supervision? I am truly impressed with this baby, and I am not at all saying it is impossible for a 9-year-old to paint such a beautiful baby when it is only her second one! I just had to tease a little. Truly, though, she is very talented! Maybe she should pursue this as much as school and such will allow. She might have enough to pay for college, if she chooses, when she is out of school! :slight_smile: Great job!

1 Like

I was watching over her most of the time while she did it, and she painted the legs while I was cooking dinner. She remembered how to do most, but I had to show her how to do creases. I did one, but she did the rest. She says she wants to be an artist when she’s older :slight_smile: Thank you!

5 Likes

That’s a very cute Libby, she did a great job.

1 Like

Thanks!

20180801_212538
This is the first doll she painted. She made over a year ago. Libby is definitely much better, in my opinion. But she was 7 when she made the other one :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I didn’t have a very great camera, so the doll wasn’t that colorless. But it’s alright

Even with that little supervision, I think it is awesome!

Thanks!

Wow, she did a great job! If she wants to be an artist, she should keep going and she’s gonna be an amazing artist!

2 Likes

She’s got a lot of talent for her age. Keep her interested and see where she goes from here. And let us see her progress. She could easily get really good really fast. Better up those prices and start saving for her future…she could definitely have one in art!

1 Like

I’ll have to let her make another next time! :slight_smile:

2 Likes