9 mo Rubert baby question SOLVED

I am trying to decide if I weighted my baby Cuddles too much. She weighs 8 lbs 13 oz.
I put glass beads and poly pellets in her legs. All glass in her arms. Her body cavity and head have glass beads sealed in vinyl gloves. I really like the way she feels in my arms. My concerns are this that her arms can not be posed like they are reaching out. They are just too heavy. At the same time the joints on this BB body would only go so tight even though I did tighten them. Would taking some of the glass out of her arms make them pose any better?

Hi, for my Cookie I only filled the arms up to just about the wrist line. I really like the way it is. And i did not weight the head. this is my preference i really like everything about her. she doesnt have hair yet, havent had time to give her some

I bought glass “beads” from a sandblasting company as the cost was much better than buying them online (shipping costs). This glass is VERY fine and sifts through a nylon stocking, so I’ve only been using it in the limbs and head. I tried putting the glass into vinyl gloves with polyfil stuffing and inserting it in the body cavity. At first it felt perfect, but the next day the gloves had solidified! I took them out of the body and they softened up again. Anyone know why or what I could do differently? Thanks

The only thing I can think of as to why it is solidifying is that the sand is packed down by the pressure similar to how sand is packed down in a sandcastle. You removed the weight around it and it collapses. Is the sand finer than the sand you get online?

It wasn’t stuffed tight enough for it to solidify because of that. My husband seemed to think it might have something to do with humidity?? The glass seemed to draw the nytril tight. He just told me they were nytril (chemical resistant gloves). Maybe I should try another kind of glove? (I thought they were vinyl).

I think it might be the type glove you are using. You want to use all vinyl gloves. I buy mine at Sally Beauty Supply where they sell them for beauticians to use with perms/dyes etc. You can also buy all vinyl gloves in medical supply places. I think they also sell them in the pharmacy section at Walmart.

Click here to see the ones I use: http://lildumplins.webs.com/whatisinsidebaby.htm
The glass will pack down in them some but if you surround them with enough poly fill you shouldn’t really be able to feel them through the baby’s body.

My cookie was 11lbs… LOL i only weight up to just above the elbow in my babies. I would say yes taking it out and having less weight you should be able to pose her a bit better.

And when you order glass beads from a sandblasting company ask for the largest!!! Thats what i do, they are not like sand but little tiny balls, and can fit in the nylon stocking without leaking out, plus they are smooth and safer for your hands/ feet! i hated using glass sand and when i found this company i get it from and asked for the smallest glass it was so fine i couldnt believe it so my hubby helped me out and went inside while i was with the kids and brought out the glass beads for me, he said they were heaps better for my babies!!! and they have proven to be my favorite!!! My hubby is so good to me!!

I buy my glass at Grainger locally and I get the largest they carry but they are still small like sand. You can see them on the link I posted above. At least they are not powdery like the glass I tried from Harbor Freight.

Try useing children tights to put the glass in it holds the really fine glass so it should work for the bigger beads

thanks everyone! I’m going to give all your ideas a try!

I changed her weighting around today and she lost almost 2 lbs. She is now 7 lbs and feels much better. I did end up removing weight from her head and going with just poly fill as well as all the glass from her arms and using just some poly pellets and poly fill. I took everything out of her legs and put glass just in her feet, then poly fill packed tight and ended with a few poly pellets and more poly fill.

I found her a cute skirt on clearance at Target today for $4.50, shoes at a discount store for $3 and a 12 mos white Onesie at Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon was right at $2.50.

Here are some pictures I took of her. I wish I could capture how pretty she really is but I suck at photos.

— Begin quote from “anjsmiles”

I changed her weighting around today and she lost almost 2 lbs. She is now 7 lbs and feels much better. I did end up removing weight from her head and going with just poly fill as well as all the glass from her arms and using just some poly pellets and poly fill. I took everything out of her legs and put glass just in her feet, then poly fill packed tight and ended with a few poly pellets and more poly fill.

I found her a cute skirt on clearance at Target today for $4.50, shoes at a discount store for $3 and a 12 mos white Onesie at Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon was right at $2.50.

Here are some pictures I took of her. I wish I could capture how pretty she really is but I suck at photos.

— End quote

Looks good!!!