3D brown hair tutorial?

Saw this for preorder. I really want to learn to be a better hair painter, but $150 seems steep. Is it really worth the price tag?

2 Likes

Probably. It comes with 9 jars of paint that individually cost $9.50 USD each. Then it includes the tutorial, brush, sponges and measuring syringe. You can always sell the tutorial to someone else once you get the hang of it. This set is for brown hair. I wouldn’t mind having the blonde hair one.

I have waited for this for about a year, I guess. At least quite a few months. I never pre-order anything, but I will this. Thank you so much for letting us know about this!

I just recently bought the complete blonde tutorial from someone here on the forum. The book alone is worth half the price, it’s SUPER detailed; written instructions and photos. And as @jeanhai stated the bottles of paint are another $90. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m really glad I bought and will be getting the brown hair tutorial also. For those who already rock at painting hair it probably wouldn’t be something they need, but it’s the best tutorial I’ve ever seen for folks like me who are learning.

3 Likes

Is air dry easier? I was looking at this also. It’s expensive though. I’d love to be able to paint hair like this. Does it mix well with GHSP and varnishes?

I don’t think they mix, but I’m pretty sure you can use the same technique/tutorial with genesis and have the same results. It’s basically just a multi layering technique.

I’m getting it! I have failed at painting hair for years- im going to cave and buy it!

1 Like

I love my air dry. I just want the book but I don’t think I can buy it separately.

1 Like

I would think you could use air dry on top of a varnished GHS painted baby. I use air dry varnish to seal my babies with no problems :woman_shrugging:

How do you seal the hair? Would it be varnish, air dry paint, then extra varnish?

Ultimate Fusion doesn’t need to be sealed because sealer is in the paints. Any other brand, I’d seal as I usually do.

I sooo want to try!

I wanted it so bad! But it seems like too much to pay. 8 really want to learn hair painting SOOO badly but it’s too much for me to pay at the moment

Do you know if you have to seal the head if you put genesis first before painting hair?

Do you know if you have to seal the head if you painted with genesis first?

I seal mine with the sealer that comes with the kit. When I don’t, I have problems with the UF paint beading.

1 Like

What happens if you mess up, can you wipe the hair off?

I haven’t tried to remove large areas, but small spots(such as touching the ear, small strokes, or redoing eyebrows) came easily off with a Qtip and some rubbing alcohol. My alcohol is green in color and I got it from Walmart. I know some are saying that the paints are self-sealing, but worry about not sealing it because I have never had problems with taking it off with the rubbing alcohol even after the paint sits for a day on the vinyl. After I finish with my hair painting, I seal with the GHSP varnish and bake as usual. I haven’t had any issues with discoloration.

1 Like

I tried painting hair last night and my babies head turned white. I was painting with genesis. I tried again this morning and it was white again. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have ultimate fusion coming tomorrow but I did not buy the sealer. I just don’t want to mess my baby up.

1 Like

Does the vinyl have a sealer on it? If so, is it possible that the varnish isn’t fully set?