1st vs most recent

I know we’ve done this kind of post before. But we’ve painted dolls since then. And this kind of post inspires our newbies. I think it’s helpful for them to see where we all started. :wink:
So post your first reborn and your most recent. I’ll start with mine.
Owen: February 2018
Huxley: May 2020

Coincidentally both red headed boys. :woman_shrugging:t2:

32 Likes

You were already good to start with. :slight_smile: But, I can see a big difference between the two.

3 Likes

Are you entering your Huxley in the prototype contest?

3 Likes

Thank you!

Yes. I had trouble uploading the pics. But MacPhersons technical support was extremely helpful.

2 Likes

I cannot find photos of my 1st baby right now, so this is my second, I will update this with my first once I have found it. It has been very important to me to choose atleast one thing to improve on with every single baby I have ever painted. I never wanted to settle for dolly, even if the kit was a tough one. My goal has always been to provide reborns that a person would think it was a real baby even after a good look. So I would always be looking at the great artists I admire and see where my babies needed improvement and do all sorts of research. For instance ears, I started just with a quick shading then I realized I am being lazy with them there is a lot more to a real babies ears than shading, colors change in different areas, tiny veins and capillaries etc. I knew my first few babies would not be what I wanted to really paint but you have to start somewhere and build on your knowledge and grow. It is an amazing and fun journey to say the least!

My most current baby

29 Likes

First January 2013
Last couple days ago :joy::joy:

16 Likes

First: September 2019 (twins)
Latest: May 2020

18 Likes

I started in the end of 2015 but dont have those pictures on here. This was my first try at darker skin
I now have a better light, camera phone, and painting style :wink: LOL

16 Likes

Some of my firsts vs. my current work. I started in 2017 and still have things I want to learn and get better at. I haven’t rooted in ages, but I will be rooting a lot soon. I’ll have to do a before and after of my rooting work when I finish a head of hair again.

18 Likes

April 2019/June 2020

17 Likes

October 2018/May 2020

One major difference is my photography sucks less :wink:

17 Likes

Some of you were good to go from the beginning. I was not. Hahaa. 2016 versus 2020

18 Likes

I will be very, very surprised if you don’t win. At least something.

4 Likes

My firsts were Berenguers ~ wish I had kept them:

19 Likes

12 Likes

I don’t know which pic would be better lol

8 Likes

First was 2013
Most recent is still a WIP :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Your Lanny is absolutely beautiful! Wow :hushed::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Beautiful Saskia!!!