1st attempt at biracial baby

I have no clue what I’m doing but I’m just trying things as I go. Need to do creasing & blushing and am a tad nervous & out of my element. Had no intention of trying this on my 6th baby. This is the Gracie kit…:grimacing:

19 Likes

Looks gorgeous to me!

@marleeton Wow, thank you so much!!! :blush:

You’re doing a great job, she looks lovely, can’t wait to see her finished :blush:

2 Likes

@Tashaj yay!!! Thank you so so much!!! :blush:

1 Like

Your baby looks like you have been doing AA babies for years. Skiin tone is beautiful and so even. Very, very nice.

3 Likes

@pattyabe you have absolutely made my day! Thank you so much! :grin:

Looks great!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you @evelyn!!!

Love the soft skin tones, just beautiful!

1 Like

She looks amazing! Her skin tone is so ‘alive’! If it was an accident I would call it ‘a happy accident’ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow thanks so much @kareninflorida!!!

1 Like

Lol @YelenaRey she kinda is a happy accident! I started her as caucasian. Had dine her veining, mottling, several washes & a flesh coat. Then the sweetheart who bought my Alexa recently inquired about me doing a biracial or AA bsby for a couple friend of hers. I told her I’d never attempted it but I’d try. So rather than start from scratch I thought heck maybe I can just darken Gracie up! Thank you for the compliments! I think I’ll always do it this way, lol…

2 Likes

Ive only done 4 but I start them the same as I do my other babies as well. After I do all the mottling, veining and early washes I just start switching over to darker colours including burnt umber and some blue…even more yellow ocher…and some colour correcting. I do details early on my caucasian babies and I have done that on my ethnic babies but since watching Sue Ellen’s videos I will now wait to do details until the end.

Cant wait to see your baby all finished :slight_smile:

3 Likes

OMG @RebornsbyZebra that’s almost EXACTLY what I did & colors I used! Really liking it! I just finished creasing & I’m starting some blushing & details now. I decided after my last few babies I wanted to do all that at the end too…

2 Likes

She looks really good. Now’s as good a time as any to try something new. I can’t wait to see her finished.

1 Like

@jeanhai thank you so much!!! When she asked me to try it I really hesitated. Then I was like well try it now or try it later, why does it matter when? :grin:

1 Like

You are doing fantastic!

1 Like

Yay!!! Thank you so much @PutABonnetOnIt!!!

1 Like

She’s awesome

1 Like